The most important element in determining the optimal filtration time for your pool is the water temperature. Indeed hot water will be more conducive to the development of algae and bacteria than colder water. Moreover above 86°F, it is advisable a continuous filtration.
In a nutshell, here are the recommended filtration times:
Another way to determine the recommended filtration time per day for your pool is to determine the duration that takes a total filtration of the basin, we use for this the following calculation:
Filtration time (in hour) = total water volume of the pool (in gal) / the filtration rate of your pump (in gal / hour).
We generally observe the following recommendations:
- Water > 77°F : we recommend 3 complete filtration cycles, at least 12 hours.
- 68 °F < water< 75°F : count approximately 1 to 2 filtration cycles from 10 to 11 hours.
- 59°F < water < 68°F : 1 complete cycle is enough.
- 50°F < water < 57°F : ½ or even ¼ cycle, which take approximately between 1 and 2 hours.
- Water < 50°F : in this case daily filtration is optional.
For any further information, do not hesitate to contact our team.
(source : ooreka)